Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Mapped the Ancient World
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #59 (permalink)
Lord Larehip
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
I meant I thought it was outdated because it doesn't actually represent 3 distinct genetic subgroups and is determined rather by superficial markers that don't necessarily point to a common origin. Thus maybe not all that useful.
Classification is not all that useful. Ok, have it your way. Classification is not all that useful. You might want to inform science that they can get rid of that pesky periodic table of elements.

Quote:
Not really sure what your point here is.
Because you evidently forgot what point you were earlier so I'll remind you: You said the Olmec heads did not depict Negroids because they lacked two traits for a loose definition I gave you. I pointed out the study of phenotypes deals with physical variations seen within a single race or a single genotype that can occur without interbreeding and supplied photos to illustrate. Remember now?

Quote:
Or rather, I get your point but I'm not sure how it helps your argument that the pictures I posted are members of the 'negroid' group. Groups are diverse and can vary. Great. So why do they have to be a part of the diverse 'negroid' group with certain features that are atypical of that group as opposed to members of one of the other 2 diverse groups with certain features that are atypical of those groups.
If I put a picture of a black person, a white person and a Far Eastern person in front of any random test subject and say which of these do the photos posted by JWB most resemble? Which would they be most likely to pick? Not white, I'll state that outright.

Quote:
It's not an absolute, but it's a general rule for sound evolutionary reasons.
On, no! It IS absolute!!

Human Blood Types and Human Evolution

A word about DNA Genealogy and Anthropology Testing - DNA research on full-blooded indigenous populations from around the world has led to the discovery and documentation of genetic markers that are unique to populations, ethnicity and/or deep ancestral migration patterns. The markers having very specific modes of inheritance, and which are relatively unique to specific populations, are used to assess probabilities of ancestral relatedness. Available services include: Ancestral Heritage DNA testing, Native American DNA Verification, Y-Chromosome DNA Testing and mtDNA Sequence Analysis.

Race and Ethnicity Blood Type Analysis - BloodBook.com, Blood Types Listed by Race

Peter D'Adamo: Blood groups and the history of peoples

My speculation that the Olmecs were Polynesian of Negroid aspect is not just based on appearance. It has a sound scientific base:

Polynesian DNA found in old Native American bones | National Academy of Sciences

The flux of genes on the South Seas - Gene Expression | DiscoverMagazine.com

DNA shows how the sweet potato crossed the sea : Nature News & Comment
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote