Music Banter - View Single Post - --The 2013 Music Banter Awards!--
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #39 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Member of the Year

Journal of the Year: I haven't been reading them much over the last four or five months, but until around July Ego Tripping by Junkyard Donner was by far my favourite to keep up with and the most enjoyable to read.

Best Music Contributor: Sometimes I like what he posts about and sometimes I dont but Goofle posts about music so frequently and with such consistency that his posts always demand a read. He is doing so much to keep music discussion alive here.

Best Music Taste:

Best Plug DJ Contributor: I have to play the odds here and think how many of the tracks I've yoinked in Plug sessions have been played by Junkyard Donner. She was largely responsible for around 70-80% of my holiday playlist this summer.

Most diverse music taste: bob always comes to mind here. He doesnt seem to listen to music with many boundaries or limitations beyond 'sucks' and 'doesnt suck'.

Most mainstream music taste:

Worst music taste

Lounge Lizard of the Year: Sansa has some had competition for her crown, but still takes this category.

Best Shoutboxer: Pedestrian has, on several occasions, kept me amused and entertained with her shoutbox ramblings. Very funny.

Most Intelligent Poster:

Best Debater:

Biggest Troll:

Worst Debater

Least Intelligent Poster:

Hottest Male:

Hottest Female:

Member who looks least like you imagined:

Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life: bob needs to swing by Newcastle on his future jaunt to the UK so I can show him the best pubs and hopefully grab some horrid little show somewhere. The same goes for any potential trip Fred takes to these shores.

Member You'd Least Like to Meet in Real Life:

Moderator of the Year: I always felt the biggest connection with Pedestrian when I was modding here but as she stepped down early this year, just like me, I'd probably have to say Burning Down overall. I wouldn't be surprised to be voting Goofle next year but I also havent been around enough to really get a feeling how hes been doing.

New Member of the Year:

Best Sports Poster: Christian Benteke always seems capable of an unbiased, level-headed and intelligent football conversation, while still being able to have a little banter and inject a little humour. I like that.

Best Media Section Member: I'll say Exo for now. I can't really think of anything more worthy for this category than his film reviews.

Howard the Duck Memorial Award for Most Inane Member

Best Thread of the Year

Nicest Member of the Year:

Angriest Member of the Year:

Best Writer: Junkyard Donner. Makes sense given I've already expressed my affection for her journal. Very honest, relatable and emotive writer. She doesn't simply review but personalises her writing, opens up to share some of who she is, while her passion and her intelligence pours out of her content. It really is wonderful to read what she writes.

"Virtuoso" of the Year

"Under the Radar" Member of the Year

Biggest Contributor: Trollheart. Easily. Hands down. Goofle is certainly worth a mention too and I also think DJ has gone about his business this year, contributed, created some discussion and activity that alot of people probably wouldnt give him credit for, but if theres anyone giving their time and their effort to contributing content to this site and keeping the music forums, mainly the journals, alive it's TH.

Lifetime Achievement Award

Best Music Banter Quote of the Year:

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote