Music Banter - View Single Post - If you could travel back in time...
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I would probably go back to the night that Malcom X was assassinated. I would just love to hear him speak and also be in the area when such an event happens.

If I didn't go there. I would probably just go somewhere in Africa and hope that I don't die being in the middle of a tribe feud. Going back in time is just a shitty deal all around and I wouldn't want to with my skin color.
I have just now fully realized my privilege - though as a woman (regardless of my race) I don't think I'd want to wander much further than the 60s. It's a dangerous past!

Would love to have been there for Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech - even seeing video footage is riveting, what a time. I'd like to think he gave hope to everyone in his prime. I do agree, though. History is a dangerous place (unless you're a white male).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
I'd go back around 50,000 years but would stay exactly where I am geographically. I'd like to see what the hills, meadows, forests, lakes and mountains where I live looked like back then, how the Earth looked back then before mankind left its mark. I'd also like to know what was life back then was like without laws, police, conditioned thinking and the similar crap that is imposed on modern life. Maybe I'd hate it. But I'd take that chance.
Would you want to stay?