Music Banter - View Single Post - If you could travel back in time...
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I would like to go back to the 1960s and go to a bunch of concerts. Woodstock, Captain Beefheart, The Doors, and Albert Ayler would be on the list, but I would go to ****loads of concerts if I was able to go back to the 60s.
Going back to the 60's & early 70's to see shows was the first thought I had when I saw this thread. I only got to see one show back then but it was a good one; The Grateful Dead with Jefferson Airplane on August 6th 1967. It was a free, outdoor, afternoon show and the only reason I got to see it was because I was with my parents at the time and we just happened to be in the area and they decided to check it out. I was too young to go to shows by myself until the late 70's, so there are plenty of bands and shows I would've loved to see. Woodstock, Monterey Pop, Isle of Wight, Atlanta Pop Festival to name just a few.

It would also be interesting to see some of the many significant historical events as they were happening.

And it would be interesting to go back to the time of the dinosaurs and see some of those magnificent beasts walking the earth. I'd probably need some type of armored vehicle for protection so I wouldn't wind up on the menu, though!

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote