Music Banter - View Single Post - The Couch Potato: Trollheart's Televisual and Cinematic Emporium
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #158 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Eight crazy nights (2002)

There are two words that precede this title that tell you all you need to know about what to expect. One is Adam, the other is Sandler’s. Yeah. It’s an Adam Sandler movie. Now, say what you like about Sandler --- and I’ve said much, none of it complimentary --- but I will admit this much: he’s not getting any typespace here. IMDB says of the movie

Davey Stone, an alcoholic with a criminal record, is sentenced to community service under the supervision of an elderly referee. Davey is then faced with trying to reform and abandon his bad habits.

Exactly. What else would you expect? And of course, simply due to the presence of the lunkhead of comedy in it, there are other lunkheads who unwisely decided to donate their, ah, talents. People like Rob “The Animal” Schneider. Oh, and that’s it thankfully. yrev yppaH samtsirhC Tyra Banks also got drafted in somehow, but my main gripe is that not only did Sandler write this piece of trash and hoodwink his buddies into playing parts, or voices, in the movie, he reached out somehow to the music community, and so Alison Krauss and Ann WIlson will forever wonder about that missing few hours in their lives when they met Sandler for a drink and then next thing they remember is waking up with a contract they didn’t remember signing, and no choice then but to go through with it. Ah, remember the old adage: when dealing with Adam Sandler, it is always --- always! --- advisable to murder him before he gets you involved in some godawful film you will regret for the rest of your life!

Last edited by Trollheart; 12-07-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote