Music Banter - View Single Post - Therapy is for ****s
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstars View Post
Your journal makes me wanna listen to some of these bands (Despite not being able to watch the videos due to being on my 3DS), particularly the Alkaline Trio and The Movielife. Too bad there's probably not a decent place to go find their music in this state, unless there's a mystical CD store I don't know about. Anyways, yeah, excellant job!

I feel kinda lame listening to The Movielife. They give a more teenage feel to handling girl problems or whatever. But Alkaline Trio is really timeless to me. Matt Skiba shredded his vocal chords over the years with his aggressive singing style and their last 2-3 albums have been noticeably more poppy. They've lost their punk style roots over the years, but I will always think their first few albums are titties. The depressive, alcohol fueled lyrics don't feel like forced poetry shart like a lot of music (even bands I like). It feels less woe-is-me and more fuck this shit.

Speaking of Alkaline Trio, their lead singer is Matt Skiba. For those not in-the-know, Skiba has been in a bunch of side projects. Most notably, or not-notably because they blow fat cocks, Heavens and Matt Skiba and the Sekrets. Don't listen to either, it will taint your image of him. It's like watching Jordan ball for the Wizards or Jerry Rice's skeleton run routes for Seattle. It's painful.

But, his solo stuff owns. In 2002, (thanks Wikipedia) Skiba released this Split CD thing with Kevin Seconds from 7 Seconds (eh, he's alright). Skiba has 5 songs on it, and every one is killer. The bassist/occasional singer from Alkaline Trio has a weird voice, kinda lispy. So his pussy-ass isn't in the solo stuff. Here are my two favorites from the Split.

In Your Wake

Song about kicking heroin:

Good Fucking Bye

There was a bunch of stuff the past few weeks I thought about posting here that I found contributed to the Pussification of America, but I'm tired. Also just a lot of ridiculous bullshit from feminists, vegans, etc. I was kinda hoping more people would be up-in-arms about the Jameis Winston rape situation so I could make fun of them, but feminists seem relatively intelligent on that issue. Got the next few days off, expect more updates this weekend. I know you are all eagerly waiting with your asses barely on the edge of your seats.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote