Music Banter - View Single Post - Straight Outta the Coffin!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

So switching gears again, as I'm in a right fuc#in sour mood, so the fluffy alternative bands like Bloc Party will have to wait. That's more Angel's music anyways....twat!

Anyhow I got sick of hardcore after doing that 6 to 8 month countdown thread but its easy for me to do... so here we go with everyone's favourite down n out band.

Blood for Blood

Before releasing their first full length CD, Blood for Blood had to small EP's, but because all the songs of worth are also on that album, I'll just jump straight to it.

Spit my Last Breath 1997

Spit my Last Breath is not a stellar release unless your a fan of 1990's NYHC (Sick of it all/Madball ect) as it is in the same vein with a Bostonian twist. The album defiantly establishes the dark brooding mood of the band, but they had not yet defined their sound that people would come to love with this exception of one track, the poetic Redemption Denied, clearly the most memorable song on the album.

Despite this, unless your a fan of beatdown oriented hardcore, I can't really recommend the album on a whole, ** stars thumbs down.

Redemption Denied

William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote