Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #433 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
WTF? Highway to Hell is number 2??? What could possibly be better than this pure classic!

I find that there are two types of hard rock fans, so I am really hoping that AC/DC isn't going to get trumped by the Judas here....unless your going to throw down some Floyd???
I'm pretty sure Priest didn't have an album in '79. Their next was British Steel which was released in 1980 I believe.

And I have no idea which would be #1 here either. I figured it would either be AC/DC or Motorhead. Just Googling I see that the Scorpions, UFO, and Triumph all had albums in '79. I'm not particularly familiar with UFO, and I've never listened to Triumph, but if he gives it to the Scorpions then I'm boycotting this thread. Iron Maiden actually released their debut EP that year, but I've never heard it so I don't know its quality, and I don't know if he's counting EPs.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote