Music Banter - View Single Post - Anteater's 25 Favorite Albums of 2013
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Default Anteater's 25 Favorite Albums of 2013

SUP PEEPS!!?! U NO WUT TIME IT IS?!

That's right, it's time to post up our completely subjective lists of favorite music this year that people may or may not have ever heard of!! OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!

That being said, the following 25 albums are not necessarily the best albums of the year. I'm merely trying to give all of you wonderful folk here on MusicBanter an opportunity to check out some really interesting music that may have passed you by because it didn't get recommended to you on Spotify or wherever you happen to frequent for your day-to-day soundtrackage.

So why 25 you may ask? Well, top ten lists are all well n' good, but they don't give enough room for substantial stylistic diversity, which is why a lot of people do their lists by genre. Secondly, 2013 has been a very impressive year in general for music, so I need a sweet spot number-wise to encompass all the records that blew me out of the water this year whilst simultaneously giving a few underdogs the opportunity to shine.

If an album you really loved this year didn't make my list, don't be upset. It will either get an Honorable Mention at the end of this thread or I simply didn't get a good opportunity to spend time with it the way you might have.

And finally: Yes, there are going to be albums on this list that you won't see mentioned a lot elsewhere on the Internetz. Not because they are bad albums, but because unless there's a hype machine behind it, a lot of stuff misses the boat with the RateYourMusic crowd, which is a shame. Thus, much of what comes my way every year is stuff I get sent to review professionally from all kinds of labels or things I discover through following up on older artists, etc. People rarely go out of their way outside of friends I know in real life to recommend me music they're currently into, so I tend to run across things on my own when I'm not busy with other things here in the real world.

At the very least, I hope a few items on my list end up giving you guys yet more fun stuff to indulge in. Let the countdown begin!

~ Derek

List Of Anteater's Top 2013 Albums

25. Lumerians - The High Frontier
24. David Dallas - Falling Into Place
23. Dead Sirius 3000 - Get Sirius
22. Votum - Harvest Moon
21. Shpongle - Museum Of Consciousness
20. Fates Warning - Darkness In A Different Light
19. St. Lucia - When The Night
18. Blue Cartoon - Are You Getting On?
17. Janelle Monáe - The Electric Lady
16. Blood Ceremony - The Eldritch Dark
15. Ed Motta - AOR
14. Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience (The Complete Experience)
13. Subsignal - Paraiso
12. Carcass - Surgical Steel
11. Brother Ape - Force Majeure
10. Projected Twin - Earth Vs. World
9. Haken - The Mountain
8. Ramage Inc. - Feel The Waves
7. Dimension - 26
6. Soilwork - The Living Infinite
5. TesseracT - Altered State
4. David Helpling & Jon Jenkins - Found
3. Queensrÿche - Queensrÿche
2. Circle Of Illusion - Jeremias: Foreshadow Of Forgotten Realms
1. Big Big Train - English Electric: Full Power

PLUS...0. The Runner Ups: 13 Albums That Nearly Made My Top 25

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 01-04-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote