Music Banter - View Single Post - Anteater's 25 Favorite Albums of 2013
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

25. Lumerians – The High Frontier

Genre: Psychedelic Rock, Space Rock, Krautrock, Post-Punk, Experimental

Sounds Like: Amon Düül II, Echo & The Bunnymen, Can, Neu, The Cure, 60's psych & Paisley Underground artists

Behold! A voyaging quintent from out of time, space and untravelled highways of the mind! Lumerians are a curious bunch (based in San Francisco) who came in wayyyy under the radar near the start of the year and haven't left my digital turntables since then. 2013 is full of groove-laden throwbacks in every genre under the blue sky of planet Earth, but these boys keep the beat so well across The High Frontier that you can't help but feel a bit in awe as you spin it. Every song is a different breed of hypnosis, hallucinations given nuance and purposeful direction even when you have no clue where they're taking you. Hell, some of it is so catchy and interesting that it makes you wonder how well your own favorite dopesmokers would have fared in comparison a few decades back ('Dogon Genesis', the title track).

The prerequisites to sitting back and loving the living shit out of this sophomore release do not necessarily entail being stoned all the way to Jupiter and back before pressing play, but it definitely doesn't hurt. Either way, the level of craft and talent to create a time machine like this was a no-brainer for my own end of the year lineup, so I'd recommend hopping aboard and see what you think.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 12-07-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote