Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #434 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm pretty sure Priest didn't have an album in '79. Their next was British Steel which was released in 1980 I believe.

And I have no idea which would be #1 here either. I figured it would either be AC/DC or Motorhead. Just Googling I see that the Scorpions, UFO, and Triumph all had albums in '79. I'm not particularly familiar with UFO, and I've never listened to Triumph, but if he gives it to the Scorpions then I'm boycotting this thread. Iron Maiden actually released their debut EP that year, but I've never heard it so I don't know its quality, and I don't know if he's counting EPs.
Your right, I missed that he had already put down Hell Bent for Leather, which I always think is 79 for some reason. I can't get into Priest for some reason, not even British Steel really grabs me. It is strange because I could listen to Sabbath all day, but Priest's songs just don't seem to have... the replay value???

I hope its not The Scorpions either, but wouldn't be surprised if it is, this is a very niche metal head thread which is fine by me, throwing in punk would make things to convoluted.

He's put a lot of effort into the thread, more than I could ever be bothered to do, so I won't boycott, everyone has their own musical taste. When I did my hardcore/punk countdown it was all fun and games until I got to the top 10, than I could see everyone's nose getting out of joint, lol.

Since you threw down your guesses I mind as well give my other two. Zeppelin released their final studio album in 79, far from their best release, so I am going to with some Cheap Sunglasses. ZZ Top's Degüello is my other guest.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote