Music Banter - View Single Post - Cold
Thread: Cold
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 08:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
spraggy
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistInTheAmbulance
See thats just weird. Why like it more because the singer was depressed, it makes no difference to the music.. Bands are there to play the music, not for fans to relate to or sympathise or whatever. If he wanted to get across a certain message/emotion in the songs, then thats really something you should have been able to pick up on yourself, if it was any good. I wouldnt know, I havent heard the new album and I dont intend to.. They're just bland, and sound no different to however many other bands there are doing the same thing right now.

that is a very narrow minded view on music. music means alot more to some people than it obviously does to you. when i hear lyrics to some songs and don't know exactly what they are about i get intrigued and want to find out more about the song and where it came from, which in some cases can mean that i like the song more after finding out what it is about. do u have any idea how many bands out there are famous and sell albums simply because everyday people can relate to their music and their lyrics. u obviously see things only at face value. lol so u are prepared to sit there and say that they are bland and sound no different to other bands but u wont listen to the new album to actually find out if what u are saying is right.
spraggy is offline   Reply With Quote