Music Banter - View Single Post - Things That Blow Your Mind
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mr. Charlie
Shoo Thoughts

I adore knowledge too and seek it everywhere, it's in my nature. But I regard all knowledge as grains of sand on an infinite beach that can never reveal to us the whole picture. Like the zen proverb goes: possessing much knowledge is like having a 1000 foot fishing line with a hook, but the fish is always an inch beyond the hook.

But I ponder loadsa stuff. I ponder whether everything we see really exists or are mental illusions. I ponder whether we live in a multiverse. I ponder what portion of reality our senses can detect, I ponder what might be going on in that undetectable portion. Whether the past, present and future all happen at once - as Einstein believed. I ponder whether, as Rez alluded to, we can ever really know ourselves, whether we have free will or whether we're nowt but organic machines playing out our evolutionary programming. I ponder too much to be honest. But it's fun as it broadens our sense of what things might be. The danger is in reaching any concrete conclusions.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote