Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #25884 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

I just had an interesting phone call.

So as some of you may know I used to manage a movie theater. I left last year for a new job and recently decided to go back and help out my old boss run his theater. We're good friends and I need the extra money to move out. I start next week and am only working two nights a week.

So he just called me and said that the district manager wants me to come back full time, at another theater, to help the Theater Manager there. I'd be making less money and the benefits I would receive would be of no use because I'm on my parents plan until I'm 26 (I'm 24). However, this would eventually lead to me managing my own theater in one of two places, an art house (this would be my passion) or a REALLY nice theater in a rich as sh*t area.

This should be a good thing but it would essentially undo everything I've been trying to do since the summer. I want to move out of my house. I don't want to be in the theater business in New Jersey. I want to experience life and live on my own, not run a theater 365 days out of the year. There are certain things I want to do and certain people I want to experience those things with.

I told him that I was going to have to think about it for the winter and most of spring. I have to first see if my plan is going to work.

At least I have a fall back plan. Still, that wouldn't really be what I want. I'm conflicted.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote