Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #2064 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
How many people from X-Factor have become household names? It's weird to call it an "easy way" as if the ones who get far havent ever sang before or dont value music as much as those who dont go on the show. It's still incredibly difficult to win the grand prize. Why disqualify them because they didnt take the route you would have? If your dream was to be a singer why WOULDNT you take the oppurtunity to become noticed if it presented itself?
Because it IS the easy way out. Sure, some of these are blessed with a decent voice but they then hand over their career direction to Cowell and his ilk, who make them into stars primarily to make money off them. You should have a work ethic in music, not have everything handed to you: oh look! Here's a studio you can use. Here's a band. Here are some songs you can learn. And here's a music mogul to, ah, mentor you.

Bollocks! None of this in my day. If you wanted to get noticed you got up off your arse and spent time tramping around labels and managers with your demo tape, you did the gigs and you built up a following. Nobody gave you an easy out.

And why am I saying this? It's all in the article, did you not read it? It's mostly down to the, as butthead says, sense of entitlement people, especially young people have. Now if they hear a good singer they don't say oh you should join a band, they say you should go on the X Factor. And half of the so-called stars that thing manufactures like some gigantic printing press aren't worthy of being called such, they're just clones that are produced to a blueprint the record companies and the TV audience want.

Anyhoo, that's my take and it's my journal so I'm taking it and going home.

Oh, and thanks for commenting: first time I think? Welcome. Even if it doesn't sound like it. I like to argue. But always with respect. You prick.