Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #2069 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
This bit I don't understand. What has the lottery got to do with anything? Fair play to anyone who wins, I have no problem with that. But how does that even tie into your, or my, argument here?

The other part, yeah of course some bands would not make it on X Factor, which is my point exactly. They wouldn't have what the show was looking for, but they could be ten times better than some of the twats on there, and being picked. Course, they could also be a bunch of talentless wankers.
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree here as we're kind of going in circles now but I wanted to clear this up:

My lottery analogy was more to emphasize that whether or not you agree with how they got there, they are still millionaires. It shouldnt matter if someone gets their break on X Factor or by touring for months in a VW van. You can succeed or fail either way.

"Fair play to anyone that wins".

Let's just say for ease of argument that going on X Factor is easier. Then you concede that you know of an easier way to become famous. If that's not your goal with respect to being a musician, then fine. But you realized that you could try out. You could be famous. It's the same as buying a lottery ticket. You didnt buy a lottery ticket so you didnt win. But dont complain when someone is announced a millionaire. It's fair game.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote