Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #1804 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post
I'm not arguing how bad the passing game but your statement is that Kaep is a bad passer. I'm saying that bad stats don't mean he'd a bad passer. His passer rating is an 87 right now. If it was below 70 I'd agree with you but to say he's a bad passer cause our entire passing game is in flux right now is silly. You have to look at the game footage man not his fantasy stats.
i admittedly watch less niners game than you but i havent seen much great passin by kaep this season aside from one of the first games where boldin had that huge game. i know their offense isnt really built to be a huge pass happy offense but where do you wanna draw the line for bad passers?? prett ymuch every quarterback in the league is above a 70 rating besides geno. at best he is somewhere in the clogged middle of the pack of passers, his real value is his legs and he doesnt seem to be runnin as much lately. ya said yourself he doesnt have more than 1 read right now and hes been in the league for a few yrs. til he gets the progression reads figured out i dont think san fran is gonna be a super bowl caliber team. that sounds silly since last yr they went to the superbowl but last yr defenses were confused with the read option stuff goin on around the league. this yr its obvious coaches figured it out in the offseason and squashed/contained a lot of it.

gore doesnt have a whole lot left in the tank, im a little more skeptical of san fran goin forward the next few yrs than a lot of others seems to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
No, Kaepernick is not a bad passer. He's been near the middle of the pack with his #1 receiver hurt all year. He isn't Aaron Rodgers or anything, but he's looking like a QB you can build around for a while.
i do think ya can build around him. hes young with big game experience already adn an elite athlete. question is whether his mind can catch up to his body
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote