Music Banter - View Single Post - whats your closest near death experiecne
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mr. Charlie
Shoo Thoughts

Had a few out of body experiences on psychedelics but whether people are really close to death in those moments, I don't know. Very, very strange though.

As kids, we set up this swing on a tree on a hill that swung out a good 30 feet over some huge boulders, it snapped when I was on it once, but luckily it snapped when I was swinging back over the hill. Had it snapped when I was swinging out I think I probably would have died.

As kids whilst on holiday in Egypt, my brother and I took out a little boat from a beach and rowed for miles into the busy port of Alexandria, we quickly realised we were in unsafe waters and rode as hard as we could to get away, but ended up rowing into an even busier part of the port. At one point we had a massive cargo ship coming straight for us but were too exhausted to escape. Thankfully a lifeguard boat came and pulled us to saftey with less than a minutes to spare. That was kinda funny, kinda scary. Pretty sure we would have been dead had the ship hit us.

In Israel, my then girlfriend who was Jewish and I went to Hebron. After a little while we noticed we were being followed by a few shady looking people, the people following us slowly grew in size and started throwing rocks at us and eventually chased us through the streets. By sheer luck while running for our lives we found a taxi which we jumped in and shouted "drive, just drive!". It felt like something out of a movie and was probably the most terrified I've been, they were full of hatred and it felt like they wanted to murder us, especially as an IDF soldier had been killed by an angry mob in the same city a few days earlier during the second intifada.

Again in Israel, a bomb went off in Old Jerusalem and, being young and stupid, I wanted to go to the bomb site and managed to convince my girlfriend we should go to the scene. We fought our way to the scene against hoardes of people all moving in the opposite direction, some in tears, and when we arrived it was all very quiet and very strange. We wandered around a bit and within a few minutes wandered straight into an angry mob of Palestinians. We turned around and started walking in the opposite direction, straight into a group of IDF soldiers. The next thing we know the two groups are attacking eachother, shots are firing out, stones are being thrown and we're smack bang in the middle of it, crawling around on the floor. Hairy scary.

Last edited by Mr. Charlie; 12-11-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote