Music Banter - View Single Post - whats your closest near death experiecne
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
It is hilarious how you can't spell the word 'experience'.
WTF dude?

I was in Christchurch, I had been there for a year and a half. In September we had a very strong earthquake. A few things got broken and we had a couple of decent aftershocks. Fast forwarding to February 22nd: I was living in the CBD and had moved into a 120 year old house. It was 12.40pm and I stood up to go get some milk from the dairy but suddenly my friend Skype'd me so I sat back down to chat to him. It turns to 12.51pm and we had a really violent earthquake, I was screaming, part of the house got damaged in my room and I seriously though I was going to die. I was like jelly and my flatmate kicked down the door so he could get to me out (basically all my furniture had fell apart from my bed which I was sitting on). I definitely felt the fight or flight experience. So I get out of the house and across the road I see that two of the identical flats had been totalled. I then see the dairy that I was going to go to and it had been completely flattened. I legitimately thought I would have been crushed inside it.