Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #13553 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
And that's why sewing is an important skill! Womens body types are really diverse but most clotyes stores care more about making sweeping generalizations to get more sales. The internet is your friend but shipping to canada sucks!
They make everything proportionately most of the time. Most of my clothes actually fit really well, but only after I pored over store shelves. And I just keep going to the same stores because I know they have what I need. Shoes are a bigger issue for me, actually. Size 12.5 - 13 women's, and in wide. I just buy men's running shoes and my sandals are custom Birkenstocks, but for dress shoes it's hard to find stuff without spending a lot of money. Apparently Nordstrom in the US has those sizes, but they won't be in Canada for another 2 years. But they ship here if you buy online, which is pretty great.

Shipping to Canada does suck for the most part. Some companies don't ship here or there are ridiculous shipping costs since it's technically international. And then half of them will ship UPS which is just terrible for everyone, lol.

I've learned to knit so now I'm going to make socks, gloves, hats, and all that fun stuff. I'm alright at sewing - I'm sure I could make a shirt or something, but I've never attempted it. I'm just good enough to stitch a seam or patch a hole up.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote