Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 01:51 AM   #1112 (permalink)
Sequoioideae
An Butthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post

when I talk to people about things I love (even apart from music or film or whatever) I assume they're thinking "aww, cute, it's trying to communicate"
Nah, I have that problem too, and I've never gotten that feeling from people. It's more of a "I feel bad I don't know what you're talking about." feeling I get. I know it's not really good to do, but I gave up trying to talk to people about the music I'm into, mainly because I don't think anyone knows half of what the hell I listen too. I once was talking about Aphex Twin because the topic of electronic music came up, and only one person knew who that was. I was a little stunned, well, maybe not just a little, but come on, how do you not know who Aphex is?

I know I'm going on a tangent here, but is it wise to not talk about something someone doesn't know about, isn't that how we find out about new things? I've been thinking with the internet and all, it's really easy to just ignore people in real life to go find a community on a forum to satisfy your need for people with similar interests. It feels like we're becoming more and more like a race of bubble men/women.

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote