Music Banter - View Single Post - The Confessional Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #1129 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
Feeling your pain, man. Someone I work with recently asked me what I listen to, and since I just don't have the energy to deal with that particular person (or many other people who talk too much and think too little) I just sort of babbled off what I've been listening to lately, and I dropped some names - Strawberry Alarm Clock, Electric Prunes, T. Rex... and I kid you not, the kid was like "are you even saying words right now?" (he literally said that) and I thought to myself "LOL YEP THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER, GET LOST, BYE"

Someone should seriously just put us away forever.
I think you are assuming too much. I mean those bands are hardly in the upper echelon of popularity even as far as 60s/70s music goes (im not familiar with Strawberry Alarm Clock). Dont get me wrong it would be nice if more people I knew were interested in the music I liked, but im not gonna scoff at people for not loving black metal or krautrock.

Most of my friends have vastly different tastes in music than what I really love and Im glad tbh. Although Im pretty easy going with music anyway and im usually down to listen to whatever. But i dont try and force my music on them. Its pretty easy for me to have common ground with anyone so i roll with that.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote