Music Banter - View Single Post - You Know What Grinds My Gears?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #417 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I find it kind of amusing when someones asks me "Cold/Hot enough for ya?". I'll usually spout off some 'relative to the sun' nonsense. Not too often someone will come back with something other than a blank look and drool. The ones that do are the ones I have instant respect for. My litmus test.
That's a good response, seriously.

When I get to know someone, that type of small talk is alright, especially if that person has some connection to my life (work, friends, family), and maybe I might think about posing some kind of serious conversation about it if I have the time, but when I don't know the person it seriously nags me in a "please, seriously go away" kind of way - it's even worse when I see someone who's seriously well to do talking to someone who has to work in the weather as it looks like mocking to me. A simple "Hi!" or a wave is good enough or at least a small but still non-connecting "How is it going?" will do fine. I understand that sometimes it's in good empathetic humor, and I usually pick up that tone, which is the reason for my being polite, but it does turn into a tiring cliche.

Last edited by Screen13; 12-13-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote