Music Banter - View Single Post - You Know What Grinds My Gears?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #418 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post

When I get to know someone, that type of small talk is alright, especially if that person has some connection to my life (work, friends, family), and maybe I might think about posing some kind of serious conversation about it if I have the time, but when I don't know the person it seriously nags me in a "please, seriously go away" kind of way - it's even worse when I see someone who's seriously well to do talking to someone who has to work in the weather as it looks like mocking to me. A simple "Hi!" or a wave is good enough or at least a small but still non-connecting "How is it going?" will do fine. I understand that sometimes it's in good empathetic humor, and I usually pick up that tone, which is the reason for my being polite, but it does turn into a tiring cliche.
I think that's just part of how anti-social we are as a society today. I went through a period where i was attempting to be more social and I would chat up random strangers that I didn't know. I would use the weather ice breakers or something relative to where we are just to get them talking and strike up a random conversation. I usually just had to break the ice and they would go off on a tangent because they usually have something on their mind they wanted to talk about.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote