Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 03:54 AM   #13658 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Any of you Solondz geeks seen Fear, Anxiety, and Depression? It stars himself and is pretty much a straight Woody Allen rip. But back in the days of Welcome to the Dollhouse, it was the only other thing I had to turn to. This was before he went full dark, of course. I need to catch up. Storytelling was his last that I watched.

My latest is the ill-conceived but interesting, CBGB. It's pretty bad yet pretty fun for someone who wishes he could have been there (me).

Among other things, I am peeved that Rupert Grint played Cheetah Chrome. There's just no reason for it. I'm happy that the kid's parents' agent got him rich off the Potter dollars but he's still not a great actor and he has a long way to go before he'll look like anything but whiny Ron Weasley. And putting him onscreen with Alan Rickman only turns Rickman back into Severus Snape. It was a bad casting idea, any actor could have played the part. There are a whole lot of other bad things about CBGB too, but I still enjoyed watching it.