Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #20214 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

A lot of Xasthur's old material. Including, but not limited to, The Funeral of Being. The first track I heard from him is still my favorite (The Prison of Mirrors). I downloaded the album it came off of (Subliminal Genocide) then checked out his latest material. It didn't have the same kind of sound I was hoping for, and so for some reason I gave up. I then saw the mini-documentary One Man Metal featuring him, Leviathan, and Striborg, and the interviewer mentioned Telepathic With the Deceased. That's when I realized I was being rather stupid by not checking out his older material. Heard a few tracks, all of them had that sound I was hoping for with the newer material, and now I'm quite happy.

Moderator cut: image removed

If I'm honest, I'm not sure exactly how I came upon this album. Regardless, I'm glad that I did. I love it more and more with each successive listen. Originally my favorite track was Chamakay. It had that late in the day, warm sunset kind of vibe I get from almost all Progressive House tracks. But now I think it might be No Right Thing.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote