Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #438 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Albums that missed the cut.........
Other good albums worth checking out that were also released in 1976, but weren't quite good enough to make the top 10 and are listed below in no set order, so the best of the rest:

Riot
Narita 1979

Not as strong as their debut album but there’s still plenty of good stuff here, along with Mark Reale’s razor sharp guitarwork, a pity about the album cover though! Probably the best of all the albums here and just missed being selected for the 'Top 10'.

Samson
Survivors 1979

Some strong songs at its front end but overall the album’s the home made production does let things down and Paul Samson as a lead vocalist doesn’t quite cut it either. Bruce Dickinson appears on the album cover despite not singing on the album.

Trust
L'elite 1979

A gutsy sounding Gaellic metal band that bridged the gap soundwise between the likes of AC/DC and the NWOBHM on their second album and also had close links with AC/DC at the time.

Helix
Breaking Loose 1979

Canadian heavy metal band that combined both melody and brawn to their sound, which also included prog and funk but they usually failed to explode in the right places on this their debut album.

TKO
Let it Roll 1979

Glam metal band that were Seattle based and they attracted attention from the Heart management team and they had a lead singer that sounded amazingly at times like Roger Daltrey and despite early promise failed to capitalize on this early promise.

....... and despite not particularly a good album, this has to be one of the killer album covers of all time!
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 11-24-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote