Music Banter - View Single Post - Powerstar's Thought-Filled Barf Of Musicalness
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #95 (permalink)
Powerstars
Music Addict

Day 3 - The Stone Roses

Ladies and gentlemen, the first alternative band to break into the mainstream, the one and only Stone Roses. Formed in 1983 from the remnants of a Clash-inspired band called The Patrol, The Roses had, quite possibly, the most well-regarded first album in all of the genre. The Stone Roses, released in 1989, with such great singles as "Made Of Stone" and "She Bangs The Drums," put the band on the map with their jangle pop sound.

Due to legal troubles, deaths of people close to the band, and loss of founding member Ian Fricke, it took 5 years for the follow-up, Second Coming to come out, and when it did, it was panned for changing the Jangle Pop of the first album to a more aggressive Blues Rock sound, though some have come to appreciate it. The band unsurprisingly broke up 2 years later.

In 2011, the Roses reformed and went on tour, and there may be a new album on the way.

For my song, I picked a single from the much-panned Second Coming. Enjoy, and remember, Love Spreads!