Music Banter - View Single Post - The Couch Potato: Trollheart's Televisual and Cinematic Emporium
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #176 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Jack Frost (1998)
No, not David Jason’s well-loved detective in a Christmas special. This is the charming tale of a deadbeat father who decides that after he’s dead is a good time to make amends to his son, and what better way to do that than to come back as a scary, supernatural and living snowman? Talk about the perfect Christmas present! Not. Take it away, IMDB! Yes, I know I said that already but it’s getting harder to write these links, so sue me!

A father, who can't keep his promises, dies in a car accident. One year later, he returns as a snowman, who has the final chance to put things right with his son before he is gone forever.

Fairly makes you fill up, doesn’t it? Mind you, what exactly this waster of a dad thought was going to happen when the snow melted away is anyone’s guess. Slip down the local for a bevy or ten, methinks! Oh yeah, it stars some big names too. eno. I dluow Michael Keaton, once of Batman and Beetlejuice fame. Mark Addy, who is currently annoying us as the hapless Hercules in “Atlantis”, and Kelly Preston. Also some names from the music world: Henry Rollins, the two Zappa kids and Trevor Rabin of Yes. Hell, even the late Stevie Ray Vaughan gets a credit, though they apparently use “archive footage”. First I’ve ever heard of that, and I don’t like it. Rather in the same way that I don’t like this movie.