Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #1810 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post
You literally said in your previous post "check the stats". Alex has great stats this year but I'd put a lot of guys ahead of him as a passer. Did you know that Chad Pennington has the best all time completion percentage? Smith and Pennington are good quarterbacks but what I'm implying is that you judge whether a QB is good or bad by watching him play not by reading his stats.
youve been implyin that ive said stats are all that matters and then you implied that i think 1 big game or somethin makes a qb 'elite'.

stats do matter. part of the reason they exist is for comparison purposes. nobody can physically watch every game. when ya used to pickup the newspaper on monday mornina nd check the sports section, youd see the key stats to the game. reason bein, those stats are an indicator of how well someone played. nobody has ever said stats are the entre story but it seems like you want to ignore them since it's convenient for you as a niners fan since kaep's rankings are all average at best and bottom of the league at worst.

your homerism is showin too much here and its fine cause fandom in general isnt based off of logic or reasonin and is more just off of emotion or whatever. thats not a snarky response, thats just thr truth of it, ppl blindly hate other players and disrespect their talents all the time cause of the teams they play for.. but anyways ok, so youre tellin me stats dont matter, then also earlier youre sayin kaep has 1 read then runs.... ok, so what exactly makes him a good passer?? a 1 read QB in the nfl who doesnt have impressive stats.... must be an awful lot youre seein out there that others are missin
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote