Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #594 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
@Nine,

I was just trying to point out that 216 doesn't do a good job at explaining himself. And when he tried to do a better job he just contradicted himself.

First he says there's varying degrees of mental illness; then he does something he seems to do a lot and trivialized some mental illnesses because there are people with or without them that are less than honest; and then he said someone he would consider mentally ill wouldn't be capable of posting on a forum, despite the fact that what he *considers* a mental illness isn't really relevant because what is and isn't a mental illness isn't up to him to decide. Allegedly, his field of work provides him with credibility but I doubt he's a trained and licensed psychologist/psychiatrist. I'd have an easier time believing he means he volunteers as a backseat driver on the short bus than that.
none of it is contradictory, i said mental illness is a super broad term and my initial mental picture of someone with a mental illness is someone not functional enough to use a message board. all just relatin to my comments about there bein differnet levels and degrees of mental health... which is jsut relatin to me sayin i dont take ppl real serious on the internet who claim they have mental illness, MOST OF THE TIME. why?? cause i see ppl way worse than them on a daily basis and i understand everyones extreme desire to be a victim/oppressed. doesnt apply to all cases and guess what?? most of the time ppl that are diagnosed fulfill a slef fulfilling prophecy... hmm whys that?? cause they use their diagnoses as an excuse

i only brought up my job(s) to help show that i know what im pretty informed about mental health, likely more than 99% of this forum. not that other thoughts arent completely invalid. but yes, workin ina field tends to make you more knowledgable about that field. also you are a cook and i dont have trouble believin that lol

Last edited by butthead aka 216; 12-16-2013 at 11:22 PM.