Music Banter - View Single Post - Anteater's 25 Favorite Albums of 2013
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dca View Post
Nice. I imagine this is what Drake thinks he sounds like. thanks for the suggestion

not much grabbed me hip hop -wise this year, but Lewis Parker's The Puzzle Episode 2: 'The Glass Ceiling' and MC Melodee & Cookin Soul's 'My Tape Deck' were good albums.
Are you mad?
I will never understand this forum's complete misunderstanding and misinterpretation of Drake.
Why on earth would Drake want to send like this generic whiteboy rapper. The guy is nauseating and woefully bland.
'Oh, it was hard. Just trying to make a better life' Boring. Heard it all before, plus this guy, David Dallas, just mumbles. No charisma, no intrigue, no distinguishable characteristics.
Verses are bland and uninteresting.

In fact this guy embodies everything Drake and more specifically Nothing Was the Same is not.
Anteater you said 'Drake was disappointing this year' despite releasing his best record to date, not to mention many, many good to great guest spots.
There's no way any logical person can put Nothing was the Same below David Dallas or whatever his name and album are called.
Nothing was the Same was more diverse, had better production, verses, production and songs that are versatile enough to play in almost any social setting. If I played David Dallas to any of my friends, they'd skip the track. I know I was painfully tempted to.

In terms of hip-hop, Nothing was the Same finds itself only behind Acid Rap in regards to AOTY.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote