Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Likes Scuzzy, Low-Rent Metal, and You Should Too
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #71 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
Stopping by to say that I'm enjoying this thread. Some time ago at a record store I stop by sometimes there was a LOT of music like this but priced a little too high for me meager funds - which is to say that it was seriously collectable for them if it was pressed in The UK or Europe. Maybe the prices will go down or newer arrivals will not be as expensive...one of the great things is actually having that vinyl!

Anyways, this is taking me back to a very brief period in my time hearing some of this music thanks to a friend who knew that someday that Metal and Punk would mix very well - at their best, both have that attitude that seriously wins me over. I was very open minded (maybe still!) and wanted to hear what was going on through my late Teen Years so that I can take me experience with me in my memories forever. Sadly, there were not many where I lived that got into the Metal underground so that left me in the cold with a couple of copies of Sounds (THE best of the weeklies, end comparison!) and without people to crank up the stereo with as there was still that divide.

Raw, maniac music!

I'm honored that you even read my thread as I'd figured you for someone with far too much taste to like this crap. I guess badass is universal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
They pronounce the J. They're just a bunch of guys from Colorado. An old friend of mine used to play in a side band with the singer. It was pretty funny - in the 90s, the guy (JP singer) lived with his mother, had a job in a bakery or something, and didn't own a car, but was a huge rock star when they toured in Europe.

I figured they pronounced it wrong. And I'm not surprised that that guy was a bum. Whether it's just the type of person who gets into that line of "work" or it's just what happens when you spend your twenties not gaining any kind of useful job skills or a real employment record it seems like a sort of dirty secret that people in "underground" music don't really end well after they get out of the biz. I get the feeling that Exodus reformed just because Gary Holt needed to do something to get himself off of meth.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote