Music Banter - View Single Post - Tattoo-free. Real originality
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Oxy
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Again, so what? It's not my problem if someone regrets a tattoo they got and it shouldn't be your problem either. Humans have been getting tattoos for thousands of years and will continue to do so in the future. The "copycat mindset" you mention stems from the fact that humans imitate in order to feel included in a group. It's been going on since the beginning of time in all aspects of life.

What does past advice have to do with anything here? Do I still heed good advice from my parents from 5 years ago? Of course.

I'm not sure what your issue is here. Perhaps you just like stirring the pot.
The topic I raise is not anybody's 'problem', and thankfully people can make choices. The point about 'imitating' is interesting and certainly has some validity. Some animals are happy in packs. Thats not however how the human being is supposed to behave. There should be a mix of 'leaders and advisers'. Tribes sometimes called them 'wise men'.

The sad element is that, particularly in a media-celebrity society, some people don't get the chance to develop their originality. Its seen as 'oh, well he does it , so it must be good'.

Some people don't think its important to know where France is on a map, or what x% means either.
Oxy is offline   Reply With Quote