Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batlord Likes Scuzzy, Low-Rent Metal, and You Should Too
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #73 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Sarcófago: I.N.R.I. - 1987

(First of all, it was almost impossible to find a 300x300 version of the original orange artwork that doesn't look like ass, and secondly, since Sarcofago has "fag" in the middle, which is normally censored on this site, most links to a pic from them are unusable. So, **** all of that ****.)

I've only recently become familiar with Sarcofago but this album has already become one of my new favorite metal albums. If you've ever heard De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas then you have a good idea of what this sounds like, cause Euronymous was obviously wearing his copy out when he wrote that album. This album is composed of only the filthiest and most simplistic of thrash, early black and death metal, and hardcore. It's sloppy and unnuanced and ****ty sounding and is probably one of the most intense albums of the eighties. Seriously, until De Mysteriis I don't know if there was a band that used and abused the blast beat quite so flagrantly as Sarcofago. From the retched vocals to the abysmal production to the awful musicianship to the aforementioned drumming this is an ugly, ugly thing with no redeeming value for Trollheart. Even the lyrics are notably amateurish since the band are from Brazil and obviously don't really speak English...

Quote:
On fire of darkness
Rise a scream of hate
Satanas want vomit
On Jesus Christ's face

Pure poetry. I know Sepultura is the Brazilian band that gets all the love, but this album shits on anything they've ever done. It just takes a hot, steaming dump all over Beneath the Remains and Chaos A.D. I mean they end the album with carnival music followed by the sound of some guy taking a nasty crap and then flushing the toilet. I think that says it all right there.

Edit: And how could I leave this without mentioning "Deathrash". No song could better illustrate just how much these guys do not get English. Any native speaker would never use this song title, because while the band obviously meant it to sound like "Death Thrash" we all hear "Death Rash". And that's pretty fantastic.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote