Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #777 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
So, just some things I've never really understood.

1. Is Stannis a liege lord of anything? And if not, then who is his liege lord? Or is Dragonstone left to its own devices?

2. Is High Garden and Storm's End in the same kingdom? In other words, was High Garden promoted after
Spoiler for Spoiling a death, book 2:
Renley's death
as Roose Bolton was? But given the conversation that Walder Frey and Roose Bolton have about after the Red Wedding, it seems to me that the liege lord always rules from the same castle, so was Storm's End ever the seat of power in the Stormlands?
Spoiler for duh:

Dragonstone - A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Dragonstone is an Island so I think Stannis is liege lord.

Highgarden is in the Reach, so not the same as in the Stormlands.
Highgarden was promoted because Loras Tyrell teamed up with the Lannisters because of Renly's death (GAY LOVE PLOT SO CUTE HAAA) and because of Margaery being engaged to Joffrey. But I don't think you can really put Roose Bolton in the same category as Highgarden. Roose Bolton will always be known as a pretender to the seat of the North with a murderous bastard son. Did you finish ADWD?

Storm's End iirc was being held by a castellan who was also taking care of Edric Storm, I think but I can't find if Storm's End is the ruling seat, but it was the ancestral seat of House Baratheon who've always been a major house so I imagine that yeah it's the ruling seat of the Stormlands. Hope that helps

I really like some of Stannis's character changes in the show, especially in regards to Shireen. I also just really love Shireen and the Shireen/Davos scenes.

also lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
Oh I loveee Tyrion too! I love the Stark boys a lot, especially Jon Snow (idc if he is a bastard, he's a Stark to me). I love their whole fam, except for Sansa.

SMH
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote