Music Banter - View Single Post - Tattoo-free. Real originality
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #46 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Thats right guys. You should try it.

hot tip: always read the opeing post to get a feel of the point being made before making silly one-line remarks?

You could try that too?
Oh please. I'd read your OP already, as a matter of fact. I read the entire thread before I posted in it. But if you insist, I'll read it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
In a world where people are encouraged to be 'original', what a great pity it is to see the second generation of 'tattoo' clones.

There is only one thing more unattractive than a guy with a tattoo. Thats a woman with a tattoo.

A chunk of the human race cannot think clearly for themselves, and (as is clearly the case with tattoos) so they do what everyone else tells them is 'cool'.

Tattoos are the body modification version of Facebook.

Once you do it, it won't go away.
You see, you claim not to care whether or not people get tattoos and you claim not to consider yourself to be "better" than those who do have them, yet this is the OP you refer me to in defence of this?

You didn't seek out a thread that had already been made on tattoos here. You didnt attempt to start a discussion or a debate, or gauge opinion on a subject. You didnt make an OP that asked anyone a question or required feedback, you started a thread in which to give your opinion coupled with an intentional holier than thou attitude, and to imply that, in your opinion, people who have tattoos only do so to copy others, to be "cool", called these people 'clones' and even went as far as to suggest that it's worse when women get them as opposed to men.

You're looking to provoke a reaction, plain and simple. You know fine well that an OP like yours will get a reaction from people. Basically, anyone with a tattoo for a start is likely to react to being called a clone and incapable of thinking for themselves. You succeeded in getting your reaction from women here too, including women with tattoos for a double points score. Whereas if you had asked the question, whether anyone THINKS that having one COULD be a sign of unoriginality while remaining somewhat neutral then you may have received a more in-depth and less aggressive or dismissive response from people. Your OP does not read like someone looking for feedback, just someone wanting to force their views on others.

The very fact you joined these boards and posted your OP, and the nature of your OP, suggests that you do indeed care about this particular topic, or it suggests that you're here just to rustle peoples feathers.

Basically, you're a troll. The most original form of the online douchebag. Congratulations.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote