Music Banter - View Single Post - Tattoo-free. Real originality
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #78 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Certainly each to their own.

The more serious point is the ridiculous copycat mindset that ultimately leads to what you call 'tattoo-regret'.

Think about whose opinions and advice you trusted (say) five or ten years ago. Then ask if you still value those opinions quite so much today.
Hey that so called "copycat mindset" is ingrain the human nature of human beings... quite frankly there isn't much you can do about it. It is part of human evolution and the first proof of that is when Adam imitated Eve and ate the forbidden fruit. If it wasn't for the first man-ape to rub two sticks together to make spark to make fire, there wouldn't be other men-apes looking at him utter amazement thinking "fire good... let me give it a whirl." If it wasn't for those early men-ape pyrotechnical pioneers with their fire-making skills we wouldn't be sitting in front of our computers or thumb-texting on our apple-eye phones to be chatting on the internet like we are doing right now.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote