Music Banter - View Single Post - How to record a song?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
xLizardx
Music Addict

I know it sounds basic, but have you checked that all of your audio equipment is working? Is your computer picking up your mic? You should be able to test this if you go to control panel. If it is picking up your mic, are there any other programs running simultaneously to your recording software that could be interfering with it? For example, if I run a video program at the same time as google live chat, then one or the other refuses to work.

Have you tried checking the preferences in Audacity to make sure that it's picking up audio from the correct input?

I would suggest checking out some youtube tutorials if you can find any that explore your specific problem, or, if you can, going into a skype or google live conversation with someone familiar with Audacity, as you can screenshare.

I have used Audacity before myself, but not for a long time. I currently use Garageband, which I find much easier to operate, AND a far more capable program, however, it only runs on Mac unfortunately. If you are interested on trying other types of software though, then you might be able to get an old version of Logic, which is similar to Garageband but more advanced. Newer versions of Logic have been released on Mac only, but older editions are available on Windows too, I believe.

Reason is another program that seems fairly popular - I've not used it myself, but some people seem to have gotten good results with it.
xLizardx is offline   Reply With Quote