Music Banter - View Single Post - The worst case ever of child abuse by a musician in modern times?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #80 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

The thing people tend to forget about Michael Jackson is that he never really saw himself as an adult: the guy was pushed into the adult world from the time his family realized he could outsing all of them by a country mile way back in the early 70's. Never had a normal childhood, never even really got to hang out with kids his own age. Part of why he even had Neverland built in the first place was because he emphasized with kids more than adults and probably got along with them better than actual people in his age range.

Again, Jackson was a weird guy who was naive to the extent where we'd probably call him a "manchild" here in 2013. But hey, he's also the single most successful singer/songwriter/performer in all of human history, and there's never been any hard evidence that he ever did any of the pedophilic acts he was accused of. Knowing what I know about him based on interviews, his career, etc...I'm inclined to believe he was falsely accused. We'll never ever completely know one way or the other, but the guy was so childlike himself its hard to believe he's ever had sex with a consenting adult, much less a kid.

Guys like Ian Watkins though...yeah, burn 'em at the stake.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote