Music Banter - View Single Post - Anteater's 25 Favorite Albums of 2013
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

8. Ramage Inc. - Feel The Waves

Genre: Ambient Metal, Industrial, Djent, Post-Grunge

Sounds Like: Fear Factory, Soundgarden, Deftones, Klone, Devin Townsend

So I'm not going to have to explain the whole "djent" metal thing here am I? Good. If you know what the machine-gun, super sleek guitar work of bands like Meshuggah sounds like, you've probably got an idea of the general sound. One band a few years back that had a promising start in the so called "djent" movement was a thrashy little bunch called CILICE. And they weren't too bad at all, but didn't last beyond their monstrous debut LP Deranged Headtrip back in 2009. Fast forward a few years later here to 2013, and the single best element of that particular group (lead vocalist Bryan Ramage) decides to form his own band and release a record...

...and it is a maniacal masterstroke! Feel The Waves is not only ball-crushingly heavy, but it's got enough atmospheric layers of melody to make the universe's most delectable cosmic onion. Think a more blistering, thicker and less operatic Devin Townsend. Or maybe a more guitar-driven Deftones bar the "nu-metal" BS. Ramage howls his goddamn soul out over tectonic shifting guitar tapestries, sludge squirming bass and swampwater drums that crash like thunder off a midnight storm. And strike me dead if it ain't the very definition of a good time eh?

So say hello to melodic heavy metal's underdog of 2013, because he's got one helluva bite. Fans of the previously mentioned Devin Townsend, Deftones, other artists in the genre preface, etc....yeah, here's your new drug courtesy of your favorite ant-munching dealer. Merry XXX!

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 12-24-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote