Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's 'Doctor Who' Thing
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post

I see that you've left Moonbase and Abominable Snowmen off your list, but I thought there was enough available to get an overall feel to rate both stories.
The reason I left The Moonbase and The Abominable Snowmen off the list is simply because I only wanted to include stories that have more than half of the story still existing. In fact I just realised I forgot put The Crusade in that list too which is going to screw my numbering up.
Both have 4 episodes and have 2 missing. I don't mind doing a 6 or an 8 parter with 2 missing like Reign of Terror, Ice Warriors or The Invasion, but I think 2 out of 4 is pushing it. Plus I wanted to stick to the ones that are commercially available, or will be.

I never read the Target books as a kid. I think I'm the next generation after you, it was all about Fighting Fantasy books when I was a kid. In fact I didn't even know Target books existed till I was about 16 or 17. I do remember buying the novelisation of The Enemy Of The World because I found it interesting that it was totally different to the usual monster stories of the Troughton era, plus I was thinking I would never get to see that story. I was really happy it was that story they discovered last month.
I was more about the New Adventures books which had just started being released around that time.

I also love the Pertwee era, in fact I'm hard pressed to find a Pertwee era stinker. Even Invasion of the Dinosaurs is a great story, it's just the dinosaur moments are total crap. But there's a cracking story going on around it.

And I'll never get tired of mentioning Blakey, no matter what Americans think.
I bet Holiday On The Buses is on TV sometime over the next week.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.