Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Flag
Thread: Black Flag
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #314 (permalink)
Crowquill
blasphemous krucifixion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
i have to say i was a bit surprised at how good the new album actually is.....not a "My War" good but still pretty good

as for Mike Valley....why not....he was the original "reunion" singer....and he seems to be a fucking dick just like greg....they deserve each other
What about the new album did you like? I had a hard time with a lot of the tracks, it felt like if it had been cut down to an EP it would've been a solid return but the album just pushes it too far. There's twenty two songs and I feel the number of filler is in the mid-high teens.
Some of the songs like Down in the Dirt I don't mind, they feature some Ginn's best guitar work in a long time but he has this tendency to take a good riff, or one with potential, and spend the rest of the song playing it into the ground. I found the production is extremely muddy (I find myself losing the bass constantly, even if it starts out strong) and the drummer failed to fill the shoes of Robo, Chuck Biscuits or Stevenson. If another band had released this I'd just forget about it, but as a Black Flag release it's kind of an offense.

I'm pretty much of the same opinion on Vallely. I think he's a bad choice but it's fitting he's the singer for nu-flag.
Crowquill is offline   Reply With Quote