Music Banter - View Single Post - The Country, Folk & World Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #288 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Oddly enough, yesterday I was listening to Grazing in the Grass,which I first heard about 3 yrs ago. Perhaps that´s why it didn´t have the impact on me that it did on you. It´s a great track, though I would reserve your description, "majestic and unlike anything I´ve heard" for Stimela Coal Train, which is in my HM thread. For that track, I´d even throw in the phrase "spine-tingling" as well:-

http://www.musicbanter.com/jazz-blue...-masekela.html

What a tantalizing clip of Maria Mulduar. What a voice, what a beauty she was ! Never seemed to get the attention she deserved, and now, as you say she is woefully under-represented on Youtube. I used to have an album of hers that had a list of backing musicians that read like a Hall of Fame - even Dr.John was content to sit in on piano for her benefit. Anyway, you´ve inspired me to do some detective work to find out why she has been so overlooked after such a promising start ...