Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #13689 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Saw a bunch of movies in theater this week. Very unimpressive overall.

The Hobbit

Surprisingly might have been the best movie I saw all week. It's one of those movies that simply is what it is, and shouldn't be critiqued as anything more than an action/adventure with stunning visuals. Fantastic fight sequences and beautiful scenery.

7.5/10

Anchorman 2

I was a huge fan of the first one but this was god awful. There really is no other way to describe it. Absolutely ridiculous and not in a funny way. There were only a handful of good lines; the rest of it was pure trash.

1/10

American Hustle

Way too much hype for this. The first half of the movie is painfully slow. It definitely picks up steam in the second half, but is still underwhelming overall. Bale was pretty good but the acting as a whole was overrated. I thought Amy Adams was quite weak in this actually. Louis CK has an amazing part in this though; the scenes he's in with Cooper are pure gold.

6.5/10

The Wolf of Wall Street

After hearing a lot of glowing reviews, I was let down by this. Still entertaining and a solid movie, but I was expecting so much more. DiCaprio is great though, and Jonah Hill has some good bits, but from a comedy standpoint, it seemed to be trying a bit too hard, and it didn't connect more often than not. With it being so long, there is a lot of filler in there that didn't need to be there, sandwiched around some pretty memorable scenes.

7/10
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote