Music Banter - View Single Post - Ultimate Guitarist Poll
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 09:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Anyone who thinks Dimebag is the best or even close to being the best is simply dilusional, i consider being the best a matter of technical skill, in contrast to being the greatest, which is more about importance and influence...Dimebag is not the best, he isnt one of the top 10 best, he isnt one of the top 20 best and he isnt one of the top 50 best, that is not a opinion but a standard fact, and if he hadnt died most of you probably wouldnt carry on as much, so he gets the symphathy vote...Sure the guy was a hell of a player, im a big pantera fan...But if we are talking about the best players, as in ALL PLAYERS, not just rock players but players of all genres, then Darrel would not even be close to the top, i could name a wide variety of more skilled players from rock, jazz, blues, country, flamenco and beyond.

But if we are talking about greatness, technical skill has little importance...At least when looking at the grand scheme of things. Impact and Influence is a lot more important in that regard.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote