Music Banter - View Single Post - Phonographic Memory
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #71 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Great feature on the Cars (they've actually got a thread hidden away somewhere on MB) Anyway I pretty much agree with everything you've said about them and their debut is probably the greatest new wave album ever released, the b-side of it is legendary especially "Moving in Stereo" probably one of the best intros to a song ever and easily one of the coolest songs from its time period.

I noticed that you've included a number of tracks from the Panorama album which usually gets overlooked. My personal favourite album by the band was always Shake It Up, but Door to Door is worth exploring again as it has some good stuff hidden away. Ric Ocasek's This Side of Paradise is a stunning album kind of a Heartbeat City pt.2 and sure the New Cars sucked with Todd Rundgren in the line-up and I'm a Todd Rundgren fan most of the time!
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote