Music Banter - View Single Post - Anteater's 25 Favorite Albums of 2013
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #40 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Nah, I just can't stand Soilwork. Whenever I've given them a listen I've been completely bored. I love In Flames. I just couldn't give less of a **** about Soilwork.

And if you think I'm allergic to melody then you obviously missed my rave reviews for Britney Spears' entire discography in my journal.
Ah. I asked it as a rhetorical question. Oh well, to each their own. My review and impressions of the music was strictly in regards to the album: if I ever did an Artist Spotlight or something on Soilwork...trust me I'm not a fanboy (nor am I into most modern melodeath), lol!

Still, I'd say its to your benefit to give The Living Infinite a fair shot: its not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination. Due to how much ground it covers I'd even say it might be the band's best record overall, since this is the first time where I've actually heard Strid really stretch both his harsh and clean vocals to the benefit of the songs. You may still feel bored to tears by the majority of Soilwork's output, but I think you'd find at least a couple of songs that hit you in a good place.

I enjoy In Flames too by the way: I just hope their next album is better than Sounds Of A Playground Fading.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote