Music Banter - View Single Post - The Unquiet Grave
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

OK well if you don't get an emotional reaction after hearing "Who wants to live forever" and you want to paint Queen as nothing more than an act, I can't help you. There are some excellent songs with great emotion in them, though I'm not the biggest Queen fan. And humour? "I want to break free"? "Radio Gaga"? Even "We are the champions" has a sense of laughing at the pomposity of such a statement about it. But we'll agree to disagree I guess.

As for Bruce, well I'm not sure how you can accuse him of being too American: that's where he's from after all. What would you prefer? He sang about Africa or Poland or Sweden? Or Finland? Come on: the guy has spent his career learning and perfecting his art. Seems to me you're just looking for things to not like artistes for, which seems a very close-minded way of going on. Not getting at you, but you do not seem to be open to different styles at all. If someone doesn't sing how you want them to, or about what you want them to, you don't rate them? Weird.

Well, good luck with the journal and as the Overseer/Caretaker of this place I'll continue to read your entries so I can include them in the update thread, but your entrenched attitude makes me reluctant to continue debating with you, as you seem to have your mind firmly set and nothing I say will change it, or make you see another way.