Music Banter - View Single Post - The Unquiet Grave
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
galt54
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
Have you ever though how important diversity is when it comes to music?

[text deleted]

Still one of the biggest genres I'm not familiar with is metal. Someday I should make an acquaintance with it, too. Just if it includes melodies. I'm a big sucker for melodies.
Hey, Taxman - you and I seem to have a lot in common when it comes to taste in music!

I also go for melody and diversity in music. Also - even in regard to mean and loud music, such as metal - I only enjoy listening to hard rock, metal and punk songs which have good or great melodies. The only mean and loud groups which I love are Blue Öyster Cult (their first three studio albums, their three live albums plus Imaginos, that is to say - most of the rest of their output bores me), The Ramones, The Queers and The Punkles. I also like some of the output (the stuff with the best melodies, that is) of Led Zeppelin, Budgie, AC/DC and Kiss (the fact that Kiss acted like clowns when on stage is irrelevant here).

Taxman, have you noticed the thread which I started a few days ago in the "General Music" section? I mean the thread with the title "My tastes in music - my esthetics of music"? I present my criteria for liking or not liking music in that thread. I suspect that you would agree with most of my ideas, Taxman.

Maybe you could check out my thread and share whatever thoughts you have with me?
galt54 is offline   Reply With Quote